Search the web by Google
Mardi Gras Cheese & Shrimp Dip
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup of milk (add more or less for desired consistency)
- 1 pound Velveeta cheese (regular or Light)
- Up to 1 tablespoon of Cookin' Cajun Mardi Gras Dip (Note: you may want to start with about 1/2 tablespoon and decide just how spicy you want it.)
- Your favorite chips, crackers, carrot sticks, celery sticks, etc.
- Optional - about 1/2 pound of cooked gumbo shrimp
- In saucepan, combine Worcestershire sauce, milk and Mardi Gras Dip seasoning mix.
- Warm the mixture and let stand for about 5 to 10 minutes (do not boil)
- Cut Velveeta cheese loaf into smaller pieces and add to mixture. Increase temperature slightly to melt cheese.
- Stir as needed to evenly mix cheese and seasoning mixture (be careful not to let the dip burn).
- Add additional milk if desired.
- If desired, add about 1/2 pound of cooked gumbo shrimp or small peeled crawfish tails.
- Print extra copies of this recipe - because when your friends taste this, they're going to ask you for a copy.
Serve warm with your favorite dipping items - chips, crackers, vegetables, etc.
This recipe (without shrimp) also tastes great in just about anything you would normally use regular cheese - ham & cheese sandwiches, cheeseburgers, cheese fries, etc.