Search the web by Google
Cajun Smashed Potatoes
- Peel red potatoes. If they are large, you may want to cut potatoes in half or quarters in order to reduce cooking time
- In large pan, bring about 1 gallon of water to a boil.
- Add 2 tablespoons of Tony Chachere's Famous Creole Seasoning (or your favorite brand of cajun/creole seasoning).
- Add peeled potatoes. The water should cover the potatoes. If not, add more water.
- Boil potatoes until tender (about 10 - 15 minutes)
- When potatoes are tender, remove from water and put in large mixing bowl.
- If desired soften or melt the cheese. Generally, when added to the hot potatoes, the cheese will melt on its own.
- If desired cut up 1/2 of an onion and cook until tender.
- Add cheese, butter and milk to the potatoes (also add onions if desired).
- Use hand mixer (or fork) to mash and cream potatoes to desired consistency. For creamier potatoes, add additional milk while mixing.
For even spicier potatoes, add some of the seasoned water instead of the milk when mixing the potatoes.